Friday, August 16, 2013

The Emergency Poop Kit


As you know, Tyler watches Jackson 3 days a week. He’s really fantastic in his role as “stay at home daddy” on those days. They have their routine down, and Tyler packs J man and his bottle up when needed, and they head out to run errands, or whatever activity the day holds for them.

Notice I said Tyler packs up Jackson and “a bottle”? When I say Jackson and a bottle, I mean he puts Jackson in his carseat, prepares a bottle, and throws it in there with him. Then off they go. If you’re a mom, right about now you’re freaking out. WHERE IS THE DIAPER BAG?! Or at least that was my reaction when they met me for lunch last week.

No diaper bag. No extra outfit. No diapers or wipes. This is every mom’s worst nightmare.

“Tyler, what if he poops?! What if he has a blow-out, what is your plan?”

“He won’t, he’s fine. We always do this”.

“You WHAT?!”

I let my annoyance pass in order to have a happy lunch with my baby and my baby daddy. I fully intended on marching straight home after work and putting together a “manly diaper bag” (or backpack).

Guess who pooped? Right in the middle of lunch, red-faced and grunty, my poor baby was going to be stuck sitting in his own mess for the duration of our date.

Thank goodness, there was no blow out. I am the tiniest bit grateful this happened. It was God’s way of allowing me the ultimate “I told you so moment”. We finished up our lunch and I sent Tyler straight home to change our smelly baby.

Guess where he went? Home Depot. Seriously. Stinky baby and (by default) stinky daddy out for a stinky stroll around Home Depot. I feel bad for both the innocent bystanders and for Jackson. (Although, Tyler swears Jackson didn’t care). He probably didn’t, but it still makes me cringe.

Needless to say, Tyler now has an emergency poop kit permanently in his car. Diapers? Check. Wipes? Check. Extra outfit and burp cloth? Check.

Hopefully we don’t have to have another stinky baby/stinky daddy incident any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment