Monday, September 9, 2013

One Half of A Year Old

My goodness Jackson, how you’ve changed since the day we met you for the very first time. How has it been 6 whole months since that day? It feels like yesterday, and yet the proof that it’s been 6 months sits right in front of us. You’re not a helpless newborn anymore, you’re laughing and smiling, rolling all over, and you’ve even taken your first bites of real food. You’re turning into a regular bouncing, loving, baby boy and you weigh a solid 16.5 lbs. I can’t even acknowledge the fact that in just 6 more quick months, we’ll be celebrating your first birthday. The months are much too short.

Today your daddy sent me a picture of you just after we brought you home from the hospital. In his message, he said “WHO is this baby?” You look so different!

A little throwback:


Today you like:
·         Kahla. You try to grab at her and you adore when she gives you kisses.
·         Bananas.
·         Rolling
·         Sleeping on your tummy.
·         Trying to sit on your own!
·         Bedtime and bath time.
·         Drooling.
·         Being sung to.
·         When I say “mamamamama” a hundred times. I’m driving everyone else crazy, but I don’t care, because you grin SO BIG.
·         Being read to.
·         Chewing on everything, and then some.
·         Grabbing at everything, including our faces, and my hair J

You prefer to avoid:
·         NAPS.


Jackson, you MELT OUR HEARTS. Every morning I can’t wait to see your smiling face, and every evening I hate to say goodnight. You’ve single-handedly multiplied the love in our hearts exponentially.  Here’s to the next 6 months, and beyond.

















XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment