Thursday, January 16, 2014

10 Months


(Disclaimer: this post is quite late, and not entirely accurate anymore.)

This month, we celebrated your first Christmas. You had no real interest in the unwrapping of anything. You did however, enjoy climbing on the gifts before we ended all that fun and actually opened them. You were SPOILED. You didn’t know what to do with all your toys (however, they were much needed, as you are growing out of the infant toys you had).  The single best thing about the entire holiday season this year, was sharing it with you.

In other news, you are doing some fun (and some not so fun) things!

-You want to eat everything off our plates! This is fantastic, because now when we go out, I am more conscious of what I order, so you can have some bites too. Healthier food for everyone!

-You get mad when we take things away or won’t let you have what you want. Like, really mad.

-You are a pro at pulling yourself up and sitting back down. You are so mobile, all over the place. Currently, your favorite thing to do is make a bee-line for our wine rack, which is entirely not kid-friendly.

-You stood all by yourself for about 4 seconds a few days ago. That’s right! We are going places, people!

-Your top two teeth are STILL working their way in. We cannot be more than a couple days away. Seriously, we can’t be, right?!

-You are ticklish. When you’re being mad, all I have to do is tickle you and you give in. I especially adore that you’re ticklish on your upper back. I just think it’s the cutest (and I can get you when you least expect it)!

-You walk around furniture pretty well. You’re still figuring out the whole “one foot in front of the other,” but you’re well on your way.

-You have begun to seek me out when you are upset, especially when you’re teeth are bothering you. You start whining or crying and crawling my way. I can’t get to you fast enough. I scoop you up, and you actually bury your head in my shoulder. It’s the sweetest, most heartbreaking thing. I so badly wish I could take that pain away.

-You are working on waving, clapping, and saying “mama”. By this, I mean we clap and wave to you regularly, and are constantly saying “mama” and “doggie” too. You love all of this, except you’re not yet willing to participate yourself. That’s just fine buddy, you take your time!

How can we possibly be 2 months from your first birthday? I think I say some variation of this every month, but it’s truly mind boggling how quickly it all goes. We’ll be spending the next 2 months taking in every moment of this fleeting baby-ness.  

 





 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment