Friday, December 4, 2015

The Thing About Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was never my favorite holiday growing up. Turkey is far from my first choice of main courses, cooking all day is not my cup of tea, and cleaning up the mess is DEFINITELY not my idea of a fun afternoon.

BUT. When Thanksgiving brings us together with the people we love the most - I change my tune, a lot. All of a sudden, I don't hate turkey, I enjoy cooking, and I don't even mind cleaning up the mess. This year, my parents came to visit, and made the Thanksgiving meal - along with the rest of the week - an absolute joy.

As usual, here is a recap of our adventures, via pictures.



  




That sunset.
 



 
(Jackson's first movie - The Good Dinosaur)

 
Saranac Brewery Tour

 
Beer is a hobby.

 
Fancy dinners call for fancy sweaters.


(and 'juicy kisses'.)
 

 
Because every family should own a pair of pink onion goggles...?


 
Feeding the horses apples. Happy Thanksgiving, horses.

 
A beast of a feast for 4.5 people.


 
Welcome back, Clyde.


Christmas train ride to Old Forge.
 


 
He's a fierce napper. Anywhere. Anytime.

 
Fulton Chain Craft Brewing - this place offers awesome beer in an authentic Adirondack setting.

 
...still napping.

 
We got the inside scoop on a 'legitimate' speakeasy in Thendara, NY. I'm certain it's all about the experience, since drinking actually IS legal. That being said, this place was unmarked (above), and upon entering we were asked by the pretty Romanian (below) if we were lost. After saying the password, we were granted entry. Sorry, no photography allowed inside. A local gem, to be sure.

 
Jackson made a friend (and he has good taste, obviously).


The train ride home.
 
Thanks Nana and Papa, for yet another memorable and special week. We miss you already! Pencil us in for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment