Friday, March 10, 2017

Jackson: 4 Years

Sweet, sweet Jackson.

Yesterday you turned FOUR, and this birthday hit me like a ton of bricks. Three still feels so small to me, but now you're four, and you're a regular big kid. You are incredibly well-spoken, funny, charming, and smart. So smart. You remember nearly everything, hold entire conversations, and are eager to understand the world around you.

You've come a long way from the shy toddler we knew just a couple years ago. You now happily engage in conversations with strangers (when we're safely by your side, of course). You had an entire conversation with the waitress at dinner last night, telling her about your light up shoes, the packages you opened in the morning, and confidently ordering your own food and drink. And when she walked away, you said to us, "she really likes my birthday."

You're an incredible big brother to Conner, and have taken the role with such grace, I can't help but melt with pride. You understand his need for me, and you've been nothing but helpful with him - often beating me into his room when he cries to soothe him and offer his pacifier. You're easily his favorite entertainment, and you make him giggle and smile without much effort at all. It's clear that he is fascinated by you.

Your favorites include:

  • The color red. All day, the color red.
  • Construction vehicles.
  • Machines of any kind.
  • Water flavor drops.
  • Telling jokes.
  • Paw Patrol.


As I tucked you into bed for the last time as a three year old, you gave me the biggest hug and said, "I love you so much mommy. So much." I held back tears as I left your room, knowing that when I would hold you again, you'd be another year older. These years have been everything we'd hoped for you - you're healthy and happy and thriving. But the time passes entirely too quickly, and I'm holding on tight to these days.

You've blossomed in the last year, and your shining personality is more fun than ever. Experiencing new things with you is our favorite. The world is at your finger tips sweet boy, and we can't wait to see where this life takes you. We're so excited for this next year with you - fantastic fours, right?!







No comments:

Post a Comment