Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Has Arrived at the Stubbs'

I mandated this weekend as "Christmas decorating-weekend". It was a success, and we are now ready for Christmas! My family will spend Christmas at our house this year, and I couldn't be more excited. This is the first time we will host a big holiday. I know my parents could care less about the decorations, or any plans we have, they just want to spend time with us and see our new home, but of course I can't wait to go all out :)

Saturday we went with friends to a tree farm here in Dayton, and cut down the perfect tree- it literally called out to us when we saw it, Christmas Vacation style. It might as well have been lit up just like that. This tree is a far cry from the Charlie Brown Christmas trees we have had in Germany the last few years, and has renewed my faith that real trees CAN look good!




I had absolutely no part in cutting this tree down, but it always looks cool to hold a saw, right?
 













 
During our time in Europe, we made it a point to get an ornament from each country we visited- so every year when we pull them out, it's fun to remember where we got each one. It makes our tree extra special to us, filled with our travels as a newly married couple. We plan to continue the tradition, and be able to share this with our kids as they get older! ( I know, I know, eventually this tree is going to be overwhelmed with mis-matched ornaments... but WHO cares??)

Hoping everyone's holiday season is off to a magical start... and filled with plenty of Christmas music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment