Thursday, March 7, 2013

36 Weeks!


This week was eventful... sort of.

First of all, Tyler finished a coffee table he's been working on for quite awhile (due to school and baby prep...). Nonetheless, he diligently worked here and there until he finished it, and I must say- it's amazing! I'm very impressed, and unfortunately for him.. my honey-do list just got a lot longer :) Next up... shelves for the nursery!

In baby news... Thursday morning I noticed I was having far more braxton hicks contractions than normal. In fact for most of the day they were happening every 10 minutes, almost like clockwork. No one ever told me this was normal. I thought consistent contractions meant this could be the beginning of labor. After a few hours of this I called the birthing center, just to see if this was in fact normal, and if they wanted me to come in. Sure enough, my body is just practicing, and nothing noteworthy came of it all. (Thank goodness.. because we are NOT ready.)

Emotionally, we are very ready. Logistically, not so much. Baby clothes, blankets, and sheets washed? No. Car seat installed? No. Nursery finished? No. Hospital bags packed? No. Tyler's finals finished? No. You get the idea. This was a good reality check that he really could come any day- and now my to do lists are in full swing, and we will be tackling much of these things in the coming week or so. Because I am a crazy planner. Just.in.case.

Other than now understanding how false labor happens, or people get sent home from the hospital, I am feeling pretty good about everything. My hips are beginning to hurt more and more (I feel like a bowling ball is sitting on them every time I stand up! And the braxton hicks contractions are becoming slightly more painful (great...).

I'm soaking in these last few weeks, and trying to prepare for what is about to become our new normal :)

 
Horizontal stripes? What am I thinking?


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment