Sunday, March 2, 2014

"The Transition"


My department has been sulkily referring to “the transition” for awhile now. When I found out we would inevitably be moving to New York at the end of March, I worked with my team to work out a transition into a part-time role in another department, where I will be able to work virtually from home in New York.

While this new role is a huge blessing and the very best-case scenario for our family and myself at this time, the truth is, I’m sure going to miss the work I do now, and the people I work with. This job has been a huge blessing, and I know I was here for this short time for a reason.

I’ve met incredible people who are not only fantastic and supportive friends, but smart, intelligent and motivating people. I am surrounded every day by people who make me want to do better, to be better, and to learn more.

As I “transition” to my new role in Naked Lime Marketing on Monday, I’ll be taking on even more writing, and I look forward to that. I look forward to spending more time with Jackson and having a little extra time to tackle some of the personal goals that I just haven’t had the time (or energy) to make a priority.

To my friends in the Marketing department, THANK YOU. Luckily I don’t have to say goodbye quite yet, I’ll still be around, but it’s time for me to move to my new role with a new team, and I will miss working with all of you.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment