Friday, February 28, 2014

On Change

My little family and I will be facing a whole lot if it in the coming month. I look forward to change when it’s far away. I embrace the idea of ‘new’ when it’s an idea. When it’s looking me square in the face, I break. I’ve had months to prepare, and yet, here I sit, sad to let the last 18 months become another closing chapter in my book.

I know that with every closing chapter is the opportunity to write a whole new one. A new beginning is the opportunity for a fresh start- and we have so much to look forward to and to be grateful for, but that doesn't make goodbyes and new homes and changed jobs any easier.

Today, as I planned out who would take my current work projects; I decided its ok to feel sad about it. It’s ok to slow down a little, and really take in what the last 18 months have meant for me.

The next month is jam-packed full of crazy. A transition to a new job, a Master’s defense and graduation, a ONE YEAR birthday party, family visiting, a move to New York, and closing on our first home. Next time I turn around I’m certain it will be April.

I expect some tears, some laughs, and hanging on for dear life. Thanks for taking this journey with us; I would fall apart if it weren't for the rock-solid friends and family who support us along the way.


Here we go….

No comments:

Post a Comment