Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Moms

 ”Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” -unknown

Ain't this the truth?

For the record, I also think she taught me not to use 'ain't,' but I think she'll overlook it in this case.

No matter how old I get or how far away I live, I will always need my mom. If I do say so myself, I think she (with the help of my dad), did a pretty fantastic job raising me. Now that I'm grown, married, and have a baby of my own, I can say we are friends, and I need her now just as much as I ever did.

While the miles between us continue to make regular visits and quality time a challenge, it's a priority, and I'm so grateful for her visit the last weekend. I know she and Jackson will continue to be close, and one day I know they'll be close friends too.

Here's to the moms. The ones who did it all before us. Who are braver and stronger and wiser than we ever knew before.

You are LOVED.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment