Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day

This mother's day was so simple, so calm, and so, so special.


Tyler rolled out of bed around 5:45, in an effort to beat Jackson awake, and keep him silent so I could sleep in. When I got out of bed at a glorious 7:30, the house was too quiet.


Turns out the boys made a Home Depot run, and promptly returned to make brunch.


We inhaled a sausage hashbrown casserole and pancakes. Tyler purposefully planned nothing after that, and asked how I'd like to spend the day. Honestly, I just wanted the kichen done. Installing backsplash was the only thing standing between me and a finished kitchen.


And so, Jackson and I spent the day playing, wandering in and out of the kitchen, as Tyler finished the backsplash. What a guy.


We took breaks to enjoy the beautiful weather and... the little mister decided today would be the very best day to take his first steps. I couldn't have planned this better myself. What an incredible gift - Jackson gave me a mother's day I will certainly never forget.


Unfortunately for you Jackosn, you'll have quite a bit to live up to from here on out.


Thank you to my boys for making today extra special!

 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment