Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Fuzzy Little Guy Has Captured My Heart

As you probably already know, we grew our family by one small black German Shepherd about a month ago.

I won't lie - Tyler practically begged me for months... and months. Already having one dog that does her unfair share of barking and shedding, a toddler that keeps me on my toes (literally) all day, and knowing full-well that Tyler's job requires him to travel - a lot - and for long periods at a time, a puppy sounded like the worst idea - ever.

Despite all of that, I couldn't help but feel a little piece of my heart pulling me to make the plunge. What's a little more chaos? I'm up for a good challenge. We found a reputable breeder about an hour away from our home, and her "puppy cam" allowed us to peek in on the litter of puppies throughout the day from the time they were born.

In no time, Rebel has become a part of our family. Already, it's hard to imagine life without him. Rebel can only be described as a lover. He's incredibly smart, he loves to meet new people, and is growing at a terrifyingly rapid pace. He will be huge.

Kahla is great with him. Despite her normal lack of patience and interest in other dogs, she has surprised us all with the way she has taken Rebel under her wing. I think she might even like him. He adores her.

Jackson and Rebel are still trying to figure one another out. It's like dumb and dumber. Or Thing 1 and Thing 2. They just don't quite know what to do with each other, but they sure like to try to figure it out. Jackson particularly loves to sneak up when Rebel is sleeping and offer loving attention - when Rebel is least likely to give it back.

Here are some pictures - because who doesn't love puppies?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment