Sunday, January 25, 2015

Getting Organized

Tyler and I took on a few projects to get organized this month. The whole 'New Year' thing had me in the spirit.

A shoe rack.
We have a mud room, which is fantastic, except that with no organization to speak of, it became a pile of bags and shoes that we tripped over regularly. If you know me, you know that this was making me crazy.
 




 
 
My jewelry.
I had a good handle on the earring and necklace situation already, but the bracelets and watches found their home in a container that I rarely bothered to dig through. Now, I actually wear them. This was so simple and took five minutes. I'm kicking myself that I didn't do it TEN years ago. Simply find screw-in hooks at any hardware store and wood dowel rods. I spray painted mine gold, because that's what was lying around our garage.
 
 
 A mirror.
This has nothing to do with organization, but we had a crappy, $10 mirror from Wal-Mart adorning our bedroom wall. I found this little tutorial on Pinterest, and made it a goal to just do it already. Sorry, I have no before or in-process picture, but the tutorial is spot on. Just follow that.
 
 
 
As we speak, Tyler is organizing our garage. Hallelujah. I'll spare you any pictures of the process - it's boring (which is why I'm warm inside, writing this instead of helping).
 
I hope everyone's year is off to a good, productive start. How about them resolutions.... eh, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment