Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Can’t Keep Up, and I Know It


Remember how two short posts ago, I promised a stream of new posts? You know, to catch up on everything that’s been happening the last month… errr… two months now?

I know, it’s not happening. I can’t keep up, and I know it.

I have a long list of posts I want to write. I have a planner, where I write my goals for the week. I go so far as to pencil in time for personal posts. As I cross off chores, work goals, appointments, playdates, and time with friends, the ‘blog post’ line often goes untouched.  

I sometimes feel paralyzed by that list of posts. How can I possibly write about the magic of Disneyland and the sheer joy (and sometimes terror) on Jackson’s face in a quick post? I can’t. It deserves passion and time. And so, I will write when the mood strikes me, about the things I feel about writing about. And somewhere in those posts, we’ll get caught up.

My days are a never-ending balance of work, time spent with Jackson, cleaning, getting to the gym, finding time with friends, FaceTime-ing, putting laundry away, keeping up with the yard work (or not), playing with the dog, preparing meals, tackling the bed/bath time routine, more work, drinking wine (kidding not kidding), collapsing into bed, repeat. With Tyler gone, there are few moments I find for myself. (I’ve even been known to schedule my showers in that trusty planner.)

We are sprinting, sprinting to that finish line. (My heart literally JUMPS at the thought of Tyler’s presence.)  

In the meantime, please forgive me for my lack of posts. While writing is my outlet, there isn’t always time.

Now – it’s 9:24pm, and I should be working.

Someday, I’ll get caught up. I promise. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment