Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cutting Down A Christmas Tree


This is becoming a tradition, and one I quite like. Growing up, my mom, dad, sister and I ventured deep into the Colorado mountains exactly one time to cut down our very own Christmas tree.

It went something like the scene from Christmas vacation. We were freezing and there was more than enough complaining to go around. My poor dad. And so, that adventure was the one and only quite like it. Since then, the Stowe family has had a fake tree, and it’s worked quite well.

Tyler’s family, on the other hand, always had a real tree. Every year they go to the local tree lot and find their perfect tree. And so, Tyler became what I affectionately refer to as a “tree snob”.

I pick my battles, and this was not one I was willing to fight. We have become a real-tree family.  Happily, here in Ohio, we have found a happy medium between deep-country, snow shoe-required tree cutting, and fake tree. The almighty tree farm!

Young’s Jersey Dairy is our go-to for pumpkins, trees, and all things farm. This year we bundled up our little munchkin, and headed out with the sleds to find the perfect tree. We couldn’t tell what was what, because the trees were covered in snow. We had no idea what we were looking at (but it sure made for a beautiful day)! The tree turned out to be just perfect for the little corner in our family room where it stands.
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment