Friday, April 29, 2016

I Am in Potty Training Hell


Do you guys remember this post? We are closing in n one year since that post. ONE YEAR.

Shortly after my first potty training attempt, we put the whole shenanigan on hold. We dabbled in using the potty if and when he wanted, and otherwise I didn’t push the issue for the next 6 months.

Since last November though, we have been actively potty training. At this point, I feel like it’s a lifestyle, and not a short learning curve. WILL HE EVER BE POTTY TRAINED?!

I am exhausted. I’m tired of bribing, encouraging, scolding, reminding, cleaning, and repeating. I’m tired of every conversation revolving around the potty. I’m tired of being tired. I’m so FREAKING tired of poop.

The idea of a potty trained child makes my heart leap. Is it true that someday, he’ll just use a toilet?! Like on his own?! What is that like?

For reference, our 9-week old puppy is nearly completely potty trained. We’ve had him for a week. I love him for this.

Jackson, child. I love you so much. Like, SO much. But if you don’t figure your crap out (literally), I might lose my damn mind.


Please, help a mama out. PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment