Sunday, June 19, 2016

I’d Chose You Every Time




Today, we celebrate 7, count them – SEVEN years of marriage. That’s more than most celebrity couples, not that that’s the standard I’m holding our relationship to, or anything.

We had the benefit of moving to a far away land mere days after we said ‘I Do,’ leaving us to figure out the whole living together, being married, being far away from home thing on our own. We were forced to lean on each other – and only each other – when things got confusing and overwhelming, and tough.

We navigated strange habits, A-type demands, and cooking for two entirely on our own. And we grew. We grew together, and we grew into a marriage with a solid foundation and open communication.

We learned how important it is to say “I’m sorry” and “You’re right.” How important it is to not just say “I love you,” but to show it.

And today we continue to learn. We learn how to take care of a house, and a child and two dogs. We are learning more about one another’s needs, and how to accommodate those with the demands of the little human(s) we are raising.

We are embracing this chapter in all it’s messy, confusing, trial-and-error glory. And we are having so much fun doing it.

Tyler, I am so grateful for your friendship, companionship, and love. I chose you seven years ago, and I’ve chosen you every day since. I’m so grateful you choose me too.

To the next years, and chapters, and decades, and all they may bring.



No comments:

Post a Comment