Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Florida Georgia Line

As a part of my ongoing 30th birthday surprise, Tyler had planned for us to travel to middle-of-nowhere Endicott, NY for the Dicks Sporting Goods Golf Open and more importantly, to see FGL. In his planning, he looped my parents in on the overnight getaway. We dropped Jackson at his babysitter's house, and headed South to enjoy the sweltering humidity and summertime jams.

We arrived in Endicott with enough time to check out the golf open (our first ever), and thanks to my parents, got the low down on some of the players. My personal favorite, washed-up D-list player John Daly fascinated crowds with his loud pants and bleached hair. He strolled the course with confidence, a cigarette in his mouth, and what I will assume was booze in his hand. There's no stopping this guy.

By 6pm, we had staked our claim on a small hill on the green where FGL was to perform. By 8pm, thousands of people had filled the spaces around us, and we spent the next few hours dancing and belting out all of our favorite songs.

Nothing says summer like a little Florida Georgia Line, am I right? And having my partner in crime and my parents by my side made the whole experience that much sweeter.






This is a ghetto cooler. Also known as a bag filled with ice and beer. That the venue OFFERED. #winning




No comments:

Post a Comment