Saturday, August 6, 2016

Surprise #2 - The Party

As if surprising me with the arrival of my parents and a concert getaway weren't enough, Tyler planned one more surprise - and it was an epic one.

Upon our return from Endicott early Saturday afternoon, I was greeted by a crowd of our closest friends - both the local ones, and some surprise visitors from around the country. And I do mean the entire country. Brenna, just recently moved to D.C. made the long drive back with her 3 young boys just to be a part of this day. And my best friend since 6th grade, Melissa, made the trip all the way from Colorado. And another best friend, Shannon, flew all the way from California to spend a quick 48 hours here.

I could not believe what I saw when that garage door opened, with so many people I love standing in one place. Together. I was paralyzed with a lack of understanding. My brain simply could not process what my eyes were seeing.

What followed were a lot of laughs, a few tears, and an afternoon (and weekend) of food, drinks, games, and spending time with some of the people I love most.

To each person who worked so hard to make this surprise a reality for me, I cannot tell you how much it means. My heart is still so full - and I can't figure out how I lucked out with such incredible friends and family who continue to lift me up, all the time.

















No comments:

Post a Comment