Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Downing Wedding

In a decision Tyler and I made many, many months before Conner was due to make his debut, we decided that Tyler and Jackson would venture to Colorado to attend Shea and Fraser's wedding - one week before my due date.

The plan was for the guys to make a quick trip, and for me to relax and keep that baby snug inside.

When the time came to drop them off at the airport, I was nervous. I spent three quick days wandering Target, getting a pedicure, eating in peace, and napping. It was glorious.

Jackson was the ring bearer, and he nailed it. Although he was clearly nervous - and wasn't enjoying all those eyes on him, he put on his brave face, and walked the entire length of the aisle in his own.

I attended the ceremony (and part of the reception) via FaceTime thanks to my parents. It was beautiful, and went off without a hitch. While Tyler and Jackson danced the night away, I lounged on the couch, ice cream in one hand, and remote in the other.

Thankfully, baby stayed put for the duration of their trip, and Tyler and Jackson were able to enjoy a boys getaway to partake in the Downing wedding.










No comments:

Post a Comment